Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Online Education Review

This is my second, I think, fully online class that I have taken. My first online class was when I took General Chemistry II online one summer and it even included an online lab. I think I lucked out a little bit on that. So that makes this my second fully online class I have ever taken. I have really enjoyed online classes. It gives you a chance to choose when you will do the learning instead of having to be at a designated classroom at a designated time each week. It also gives you a chance to work at your own pace a little bit. In both my experiences you could work ahead if you wanted. In this class you had the freedom to work way ahead where in my Chemistry class it was mostly you could finish the week early if you wanted.
I think I would have taken more online classes if given the chance. I have had lots of lecture classes where these "lectures" were just the teacher essentially reading a slideshow that had been uploaded online already. It would have done me just as well to just stay at home and go through the slideshow myself. Obviously, some classes need a setting where the instructor can go over material and then have students ask questions or have discussions. It might be of benefit for some classes such as this to have an online portion and an in-person portion of the class as well. The teacher could upload material and homework each week or month and have a designated time slot each week for students to come by and ask detailed and prepared questions over the material. Overall, I've enjoyed my online course experience.

Typical setup for Mythology & Folklore work (Pixabay).

No comments:

Post a Comment