Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Reading Diary A: Andersen Fairy Tales

I decided to read the Andersen Fairy Tales unit this week for my reading diary posts. I found all the stories to be very entertaining. They provided a nice relaxing read in the middle of a crazy week! I took notes over a couple of my favorite stories I found in the first half of the reading. They are found below:

The Princess and the Pea

I really liked this story because I remember reading this story or book sometime in grade school. I remember being very amused at the fact the princess could tell she slept on something as small as a pea even under 20 mattresses! It was also amusing to think the prince had his pick of all the princesses in the land but chose one that came to the castle in the middle of the nigh looking anything but a real princess. 


This story was actually pretty funny to read. I liked how all the people pretended to see "the beautiful cloth" to save their dignity in case they were actually just unfit to see it. It was even funnier that the emperor walked the streets wearing nothing thinking he was wearing the greatest clothes that gold could buy. I have to wonder what I would do in that situation. One would not want to the only person to not be able to see the emperor's grand suit! It was very fitting that an innocent child would be the one to point out what everyone else was actually seeing. Hopefully the weavers were long gone by then!

The Emperor admiring his new "clothes" (Wikipedia).

No comments:

Post a Comment