Sunday, January 25, 2015

Reading Diary B: Aesop's Fables (Jacobs)

I read the second half of the Aesop's Fables (Jacobs) unit and decided to pick my favorite story from some of the animals and things portrayed within the fable. Just like the first half of the reading, most of the stories chosen were because of the underlying message they contained.

Birds: My favorite story was The Bat, the Birds, and the Beasts within this chapter. I liked this message of the story because it is easy to get caught up trying to be to many things at one time. It is much easier to just be yourself and everything will work out a lot smoother. This could be used for a great storytelling blog post.

Beast or a bird? (Pixabay)


Insects, Snakes, Crabs: My favorite story here was easily The Ant and the Grasshopper. It's message reminds me of the Boy Scouts of America motto: "Be prepared". It reminds one to always be ready because sometimes when something comes up it is to late to act and that moment is lost forever.

Frogs and Fish: The Frog and the Ox was the story that most caught my attention in this sub unit. The story shows that being to self-confident can get you in to trouble if you are not careful.


Humans and Gods: The story that really caught my attention in this chapter was The Man and the Satyr. My sole reason for picking this story was because I had never really thought about the fact that one usually blows on hot foods to cool them and also blows on their hands to warm them. How does that work? Might have to do a little in depth Googling...

People Wise and Foolish: The story I really liked in this unit was The Man, the Boy, and the Donkey because it portrayed a message about something that is easy to get caught up in at times. Trying to please everyone usually works out the worst in the end. This would be another story to do a storytelling post about that could have multiple settings and characters which I've been wanting to try.



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops: here's the link:
    Upload and Insert Image
    Pixabay is one of those sites that doesn't allow remote linking to images; here is a screenshot of what I see: screenshot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I left a comment like this here at your blog earlier...? Anyway, it's definitely worth reviewing how to add images properly here at your blog. Even when a site does not give an error message as Pixabay does, you run the risk of losing any image that you do not copy and upload yourself. Let me know if you have any questions about that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It showed it was working earlier but I've changed it now and it should be working. Thank you for the heads up!

      Delete