Thursday, January 15, 2015

Week 1-UnTextbook

I looked through the UnTextbook and chose four units that seemed to be the most interesting to me. Below is the units I chose and a few thoughts about each one.

Dante's Inferno: This unit looks interesting to me because I have heard about this story before but I have never quite known exactly what it was. After reading the overview of the unit I feel like this could be one of the more interesting reads.

Homer's Illiad: A story about conflict and war is always interesting! I have read bits and pieces of Homer' Odyssey in high school and was very intrigued. Reading events that happened before this in relation to the Odyssey will make those readings make all fall into place.

Homer's Odyssey: Like I said above, I read bits and pieces of Homer's Odyssey in high school so I would like to read to supplement what I have already read. The monsters described in the overview of the unit sound very interesting to read about.
A Roman mosaic portraying the image of a Cyclops (Homer's Odyssey)

Nursery Rhymes: This particular unit caught my eye because it made me think of all the nursery rhymes I heard as a child. It would be nice to revisit some of the old nursery rhymes I remember and learn some new ones or do not remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment