Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Reading Diary A: Tejas Stories

I let the crystal ball choose what unit for me to read and it chose the unit of Tejas Stories. While I read I kept a few notes about my favorite stories throughout my reading of the first half of the unit. I liked the first half of this unit because it contained many stories about creation and origin.

How the North Wind Lost His Hair

I liked this story because it described why the warm wind is found in the South and the cold strong wind is in the North. It also described how Spanish moss came to be found in the trees. I thought the battle between the two winds was a great way to describe and detail how the warmer wind came to be in the South. Also, the description of the two winds was very good. Using the cold wind as an old and gray wind that no one liked compared to a strong and young wind that everyone loved because he was a native there.


Why the Woodpecker Pecks

I found this story amusing just because the ending was not expected. I was wondering how they would make the story of the missing children into why a woodpecker pecks on the trees. I liked how the medicine men told the tribe many times to not eat the mescal buttons and even though they began to all eat it and saw no consequences it came back to bite them in the end because Manitou hid their children in hollow trees.


Woody the Woodpecker (Deviant Art).

No comments:

Post a Comment